Pokemon Tower Defense Pokemon Tower Defense

Keep it up!

This is an incredible experience. The story is creative, the art gorgeous, and the feel of the old pokemon games is brilliant. I look forward to seeing what else you can do with this. No complaints here :-D.

No Time to Explain No Time to Explain

Great concept. Gamebreaking bug.

Ya know those spikes at the beginning? Above the house? Landing on one sometimes catches you in it, so you just keep spawning and dying on it. Meaning you have to start over completely. But other than that, the controls were clunky. But the concept was great!

Why this? Why this?

It's shaky, but maybe a good idea?

First off, the music is perfect. It's powerful. Keep that up. But the "story" (this is what I'll refer to this as, because it's really an interactive story), is lacking in immersion. There is a way to make this deeply powerful. The storyline is a good start. Play the villain. But play not the evil villain, play the misunderstood. Think, imagine, be. Be a force of good taking a path down freak accident. Play the thief, supporting a family, in a job gone bad. Play the sandman, healing his daughter, stopping at nothing to get the money she needs. Learn, what true pain is, desperation, then eventually, the rise to greatness, as your Villain becomes the true hero, saving their love, and learning the value of morality.

This is the medium for this story. This is the story for this medium. Games need something powerful like this to drive them beyond the idle key-press. Find a gameplay that doesn't take away from this story. Give the ability to chose whether he goes left or right a meaning. don't make this game hard. Make it vague. Don't clearly define the controls. But don't make them random either, make them intuitive. Don't make this a puzzle platformer, bot don't make this as simple as it is now either. Look to "The Company of Myself" by "FreeAsANerd" for your story progression inspiration. However, look to "Coil" by "BlueBaby" and "Komix" for your presentation of both Storyline, Text, and controls. Make the challenge here understanding all the layers of pain, fear, and loss. Even these graphics can carry a strong message, so don't let that tie you down. Maybe work with somebody to code this, any can and will break the illusion.

And remember, above all else.
The show must go on...

Crimsonblod

Newgrounds Desktop Radio Newgrounds Desktop Radio

Finally!

Thank you for building the most efficient way of browsing the audioportal I've seen to date. I'm constantly looking for new songs to listen to, review, and add to my library. This makes that MUCH easier. Thank you mate. You've given me the opportunity to reach out and give more artists constructive feedback. And I like the background. Lol. Great job mate!

PoderOdunk responds:

Great review, thanks.

The Scale of the Universe The Scale of the Universe

Mind. Blown.

As a science man, I've thought about this sort of thing alot. Once calculated the width of our galaxy in inches. Big enough numbers I had to do it by hand, yet this still blew my mind. Incredible sense of perspective you've created here. Thank you.

Youda Sushi Chef Youda Sushi Chef

Pretty decent game.

It's fast paced, addictive, and challenging. Pretty great design, and I've never seen this type of game play out so flawlessly in terms of execution. Great difficulty. usually challenging, but never overwhelming. Good job here. But I was happy where it ended, so I have no real desire to buy it.

Electric Box Electric Box

Simplicity at it's best.

Thanks for this refreshing challenge! A great way to just take a break. The idea is simple, and you executed it elegantly. And to top it off it's pretty much origional. Nobody replicating this to death. Congratz for making a great game that takes both forsight and critical thinking. Not often I see a game this good on so tame a subject. Gotta love physics.

Jump ! Jump !

Pretty good.

It was great, and addictive. My only complaint is that the game seems too slow. The fast beat of Paragon's song is a bit fast for the pace of the game. It feels like you should be zooming around Fancy pants style, (But doing exactly that would be bad) Just a game play with less friction and more speed would be a bit more addictive. But that's just me.

Karoshi:Suicide Salaryman Karoshi:Suicide Salaryman

Creative

The game is great, although it does get boring. The music is what impresses me. Ive never seen garageband tracks used that well before.

Mastermind: WC Mastermind: WC

Perfect.

Ye did it. Ye ended all hope for all competition in the strategy genre. Its addictive enough to keep ye hooked till the end without getting boring. Im not sure if this game is a good thing or a bad thing yet myself. Unless the other flash rts makers suddenly get a gift from god, then its likely for the genre to crash for a while. Its hard to compete with perfection. Its the perfect blend between scheming and combat. But then again, after this, does it really matter if people stop making rts games fer a while? It will open up opportunities for new genres to arise.